Source: URA, Data.gov.sg
Last Update: 3Q2021
- From 2004 to the 2007 peak before the Global Financial Crisis, Residential units launched rose in tandem with the Property Price Index.
- Units launched then shrank to an all time low in 4Q2008 when GFC hit.
- Since 2013’s Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR), supply of Residential Units launched was also falling.
- Overall, can we say that when Supply is high, prices should be low, therefore it’s a good time to enter the market?
- More likely, units launched will follow the market direction. i.e., when bullish, developers want to launch more to take advantage. When bearish, they hold back for a better timing.